Sunday, May 4, 2008

"Good Night," God

"Good night," God
Thank You for this bed
Thank you for each priceless moment
That there's a roof above my head
Thank You for Your constant watching
Even though I'm unaware
Though I seldom sense Your presence
As I'm consumed with daily cares
Thank You for Your little children
Who trust You without doubts
Help my "grown-up" heart to learn
What simple faith is all about
Thank You Lord for always listening
To my few and feeble prayers
Thank You for Your faithful promise
That You'll meet me halfway there
Help me Lord, to learn the secrets
Of abiding in Your love
To really lean on Your wisdom
In Your Word, to fully trust
"Good night," God
- It's been a pleasure
For You're worthy of all praise and thanks
To live and breathe, and sense Your Spirit
'Til we're called away, - one day!

Copyright 2008
Stan Simons ASCAP