Monday, February 18, 2008

There's Some Things, - Only God Can Do!

(For Norman Bernstein age 82, Jewish Christian, homeless by choice)

When I met you on the road
There were things I came to know
For the impression that you make
Reveals your homeless state
But the Bible by your side
And the pain inside your eyes
Pulled hard on my heart
So the choices weren't too hard
As conversation was made
I saw your simple faith
And Matthew twenty-five
Made me take your side
So I tried to meet
Your urgent human needs
And took you to my home
Safe from the cold wind blowing
Found a place where you could stay
And arrangements were made
For a roof above your head
For you and your dog, "Lad"
But you refused our offers sweet
To go back to the street
And though our hearts were grieved
There's lessons we now see
Norman, we did all we could for you
But there's some things, - only God can do!

Copyright 2008
Stan Simons ASCAP